Monday, 4 January 2016

Why I Chose Disneyland Over Disney World

Let me start off by stating my biases. I love Disneyland. I have never once been to Disney World. My mom is a teacher, so traveling in the summer was the only option for us when I was a kid. Throw in her debilitating asthma, and that makes for a bad Florida vacation. Florida is incredibly humid, especially in the summer months. California, while very hot, is a dry climate. So, that's just where we always went when I was growing up. I spent a short time looking up Florida as an option for Justin an I, but was ultimately deterred by the prices. It was considerably more expensive travelling to the East Coast than the West Coast. Keeping in mind, we flew WestJet, which as far as I'm concerned is the only airline I want to fly with, and their prices are always cheaper going west.

I've heard mixed reviews about Disney World. I chose to take these with a grain of salt. But letting the rumors fly anyway, I've heard it's almost too big. There's too much to do and not enough time to do it all. There's about a billion hotels to pick from, and it just seems kind of overwhelming to me. That being said, I've heard wonderful things about Universal Studios in Florida (not Disney, but still great!). From my understanding, you never really have to leave Orlando during your stay in Florida. California is a little bit different, where you'll end up taking a shuttle to see attractions like Lego Land, Sea World, and Universal Studios Hollywood. Depending on what company you chose, you're looking at around $30.00 for an adult during the low season both ways when travelling to Hollywood/San Diego. Both of those are about an hour drive as well. Most of the hotels in Orlando will offer free or cheap shuttle services to the attractions in the area. We only left Anaheim twice during our stay last year, as we were content with staying in Disney parks.


I have nothing against giving Disney World a shot, but at this point in my life, I'm going to stick to California strictly based on price.


Cheers,

Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment